Double Decker Pumpkin Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the bottoms and 1/2 inch up the sides of two 9x5x3-inch loaf pans; set aside. In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese and the 1/4 cup sugar. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Add sour cream and the 1 egg; beat until combined. Stir in the crystallized ginger; set aside.
- In another medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, the ground ginger, the nutmeg, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the 2 cups sugar, the 4 eggs, the pumpkin, oil, and water. Beat on low speed until combined, scraping side of bowl occasionally. Gradually add flour mixture, beating until combined.
- Spoon 1-1/2 cups of the pumpkin batter into each of the prepared pans. Divide the cream cheese mixture between pans, spreading evenly. Spoon the remaining pumpkin batter onto cream cheese mixture, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove bread from pans. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Wrap and store in the refrigerator overnight before slicing. Store any leftover bread in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Makes 32 servings.
gamboa_kenny_06 77 Days Ago
Delicious, it has a silky and light spicy flavor, I made it in cupcake pans and was a success between my family ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿
krmsotherhalf68 93 Days Ago
This is similar (except for the addition of crystallized ginger) to a cream cheese pumpkin bread I make every fall. I have to say that I'd add more cream cheese/sour cream mixture to make a thicker layer of cream cheese filling for this bread. Think I'll use my cream cheese pumpkin bread recipe and use the cream cheese filling recipe from this recipe to make the bread. Thank you for this recipe!