Pumpkin Tiramisu Cake
- Let eggs stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Lightly grease a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Line bottom of pan with waxed paper; grease the paper. Set pan aside. In a small bowl stir together flour, cinnamon, baking powder, ginger, salt, and nutmeg; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl beat eggs with an electric mixer on high speed about 5 minutes or until thick and lemon color. Gradually add sugar, beating on medium speed until light and fluffy. Stir in pumpkin and lemon juice. Add flour mixture; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour batter into the prepared pan, spreading evenly. Sprinkle evenly with nuts.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Immediately loosen edges of cake from pan and turn cake out onto a towel sprinkled with powdered sugar. Remove waxed paper. Cool completely.
- To assemble, cut cake crosswise into thirds. Place one of the cake layers, nut side up, on a serving plate (if any of the nuts fall off when inverting cake layers, sprinkle them over the cake layers when assembling). Drizzle one-third of the Coffee Syrup over cake layer. Spread evenly with 3/4 cup Maple-Mascarpone Cream. Repeat layers. Top with remaining cake layer and drizzle with remaining Coffee Syrup. Frost top and sides of cake with remaining Maple Mascarpone Cream.
- Cover and chill cake for 2 to 24 hours. If desired, garnish top of cake with additional chopped hazelnuts and grated bittersweet chocolate.
From the Test Kitchen
TO MAKE AHEAD:
Prepare cake as directed through Step 4. After cutting the cake into thirds, stack cake pieces in an airtight container with a double layer of waxed paper between layers; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 1 month. Thaw cake pieces, if frozen. Continue to assemble as directed in Step 4.
- In a small saucepan combine sugar, water, and coffee powder. Bring to boiling over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Boil gently for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in amaretto and hazelnut liqueur.
- In a large mixing bowl beat whipping cream, mascarpone cheese, and maple syrup with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until soft peaks form (tips curl).
Nutrition Facts (Pumpkin Tiramisu Cake)
- Per serving:
- 467 kcal ,
- 32 g fat
- (15 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 12 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 132 mg chol. ,
- 173 mg sodium ,
- 42 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 31 g sugar ,
- 9 g pro.