Pumpkin Souffle Cake with Honey and Creme Fraiche
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and lightly flour a 2-quart souffle dish; set aside.
- In a small saucepan combine milk, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger. Bring to simmering over medium heat. Slowly whisk in 1/4 cup of the flour until smooth. Transfer to a medium bowl. Whisk in pumpkin and butter until combined; cool.
- In a small bowl stir together the remaining 1/4 cup flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir flour mixture into pumpkin mixture.
- In a large mixing bowl beat egg yolks and 1/2 cup of the granulated sugar with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 3 to 4 minutes or until thick and lemon color. Fold pumpkin mixture into egg yolk mixture.
- Thoroughly wash beaters. In a medium mixing bowl beat egg whites on medium speed until frothy. Gradually add the remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar, beating until soft peaks form (tips curl). Gently fold beaten egg white mixture into pumpkin mixture. Pour batter into the prepared dish. Place souffle dish in a roasting pan.
- Place roasting pan on oven rack. Pour enough boiling water into roasting pan to reach halfway up sides of souffle dish. Bake about 75 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve cake warm topped with creme fraiche and drizzled with honey.
From the Test Kitchen
Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Nutrition Facts (Pumpkin Souffle Cake with Honey and Creme Fraiche)
- Per serving:
- 351 kcal ,
- 19 g fat
- (11 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 163 mg chol. ,
- 144 mg sodium ,
- 41 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 34 g sugar ,
- 5 g pro.