Recipes and Cooking Pumpkin Pancakes 3.8 (36) 3 Reviews Thanks to canned pumpkin this pancake recipe is perfect for fall mornings. Top with pumpkin seeds for a special touch. By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Published on October 1, 2012 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Photo: Andy Lyons Prep Time: 15 mins Cook Time: 2 mins Total Time: 17 mins Servings: 8 Yield: 8 servings (16 pancakes) Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients 2 cup all-purpose flour 2 tablespoon packed brown sugar 1 tablespoon baking powder 1 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg ¼ teaspoon ground ginger 1 ¾ cup milk ½ cup canned pumpkin 2 eggs 2 tablespoon vegetable oil Maple syrup, chopped nuts, and/or pepitas (optional) Directions In a large bowl combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. In a small bowl stir together milk, pumpkin, eggs, and oil. Add pumpkin mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be slightly lumpy). For each pancake, pour about 1/4 cup of the batter onto a hot, lightly greased griddle or heavy skillet. Spread batter, if necessary. Cook over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until pancakes are golden brown, turning to second sides when surfaces are bubbly and edges are slightly dry. Serve warm. If desired, serve with maple syrup and/or nuts. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 209 Calories 6g Fat 32g Carbs 7g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe 8 Calories 209 % Daily Value * Total Fat 6g 8% Saturated Fat 2g 10% Cholesterol 51mg 17% Sodium 519mg 23% Total Carbohydrate 32g 12% Total Sugars 7g Protein 7g Vitamin C 0.6mg 3% Calcium 191.8mg 15% Iron 2.2mg 12% Potassium 164mg 3% Folate, total 68.5mcg Vitamin B-12 0.4mcg Vitamin B-6 0.1mg *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.