Recipes and Cooking Pumpkin-Gingerbread Truffles 5.0 (5) 1 Reviews By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Published on September 1, 2013 Print Share Share Tweet Pin Email Photo: Jason Donnelly Prep Time: 45 mins Chill Time: 2 hrs Freeze Time: 15 mins Total Time: 3 hrs Servings: 30 Yield: 30 truffles Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients 5 ounce bittersweet chocolate (60% to 70% cocoa butter), chopped 5 ounce semisweet chocolate, chopped ½ cup finely crushed gingersnaps 1 3 ounce package cream cheese, softened ⅓ cup canned pumpkin 1 tablespoon powdered sugar ½ teaspoon finely shredded orange peel ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon Dash kosher salt 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder or finely crushed gingersnaps Directions In a small bowl combine bittersweet chocolate and semisweet chocolate. In a small saucepan cook and stir 1/2 cup of the chocolate mixture over medium-low heat until melted and smooth. Transfer to a medium bowl. Stir in 1/2 cup crushed gingersnaps, cream cheese, pumpkin, powdered sugar, orange peel, cinnamon, and salt. Cover and chill about 1 1/2 hours or until firm. Divide mixture into 30 portions, using about 1 rounded teaspoon for each; shape each portion into a ball. Freeze for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with waxed paper or parchment paper; set aside. In a medium saucepan cook and stir the remaining chocolate mixture over medium-low heat until melted and smooth. Using a fork, dip frozen balls, one at a time, into melted chocolate and place on the prepared baking sheet.* Sprinkle with cocoa powder. Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving. *Tip: The melted chocolate may start to harden slightly while dipping the truffles. To keep the chocolate easy to work with, reheat occasionally over medium-low heat so it stays melted and smooth. To Store: Layer truffles between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 68 Calories 4g Fat 8g Carbs 1g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe 30 Calories 68 % Daily Value * Total Fat 4g 5% Saturated Fat 3g 15% Cholesterol 3mg 1% Sodium 28mg 1% Total Carbohydrate 8g 3% Total Sugars 5g Protein 1g Calcium 10.1mg 1% Iron 0.7mg 4% Potassium 63mg 1% Folate, total 4mcg *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.