- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat a mini (2-inch) doughnut pan with cooking spray.*
- In a bowl combine the next five ingredients (through salt). In another bowl combine the next five ingredients (through oil); whisk until smooth. Add yogurt mixture to flour mixture; stir until smooth.
- Spoon batter into a large resealable plastic bag. Using scissors, cut off a corner; squeeze batter into prepared pan, filling each cup about two-thirds full. Smooth tops.
- Bake 8 to 9 minutes or until doughnuts are nearly firm when lightly pressed. Cool in pan on a wire rack 3 minutes. Turn doughnuts out of pan onto wire rack; cool completely.
- In a resealable plastic bag combine granulated sugar and 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice. Add 3 to 4 warm doughnuts at a time to the bag, seal and shake to coat.
From the Test Kitchen
If necessary, bake doughnuts in two batches, washing pan and coating again with cooking spray before filling with the remaining batter. Or use a standard-size (3 1/2-inch) doughnut pan or a mini (1 3/4-inch) muffin pan. Coat pan with cooking spray and fill cups two-thirds full with batter. Bake 10 to 11 minutes. Makes 12 regular-size doughnuts or 24 mini muffins.
Nutrition Facts (Pumpkin-Flaxseed Donuts)
- Per serving:
- 211 kcal ,
- 8 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 4 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 1 mg chol. ,
- 178 mg sodium ,
- 33 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 18 g sugar ,
- 4 g pro.