Recipes and Cooking Pumpkin Cream Turnovers Be the first to rate & review! These flaky pumpkin pastries are simple to make and a delicious addition to any brunch spread. By Colleen Weeden Colleen Weeden As a food expert, Colleen Weeden has written extensively for Better Homes & Gardens. From airfryer tips to advice on how to poach an egg, she shares her passion for food with practical, easy-to-follow tips. She has also contributed to Midwest Living magazine. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Published on October 25, 2021 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Photo: Carson Downing Hands On Time: 25 mins Bake Time: 18 mins Cool Time: 30 mins Total Time: 1 hrs 13 mins Servings: 8 Yield: 8 turnovers Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients 1 15 ounce can pumpkin ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom ½ cup chopped pecans 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened 1 teaspoon vanilla 1 17.3 ounce package (2 sheets) frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed 1 tablespoon milk Coarse or granulated sugar (optional) 1 recipe Cardamom Icing Directions Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium bowl stir together pumpkin, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, flour, cinnamon, and 1/4 teaspoon cardamom. Stir in pecans. In a medium bowl beat cream cheese, 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, and vanilla with a mixer on medium until smooth. Unfold pastry. On a lightly floured surface roll each sheet into a 12-inch rectangle. Cut each pastry sheet into four squares. Spread each square with cream cheese mixture to within about 1/2 inch of edges. Brush edges with some of the 1 Tbsp. milk. Spoon pumpkin mixture onto centers of squares. Fold one corner of each square over filling to opposite corner; press edges with a fork to seal. Place turnovers on prepared baking sheet. Prick tops several times with fork. Brush with remaining milk. Sprinkle with coarse sugar (if using). Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until puffed and golden. Cool on baking sheet on a wire rack. Drizzle Cardamom Icing over turnovers. Let stand until icing sets. Cardamon Icing In a medium bowl stir together 1 cup powdered sugar, a pinch cardamom, and enough milk (2 to 3 Tbsp.) to reach drizzling consistency. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 535 Calories 30g Fat 63g Carbs 8g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe 8 Calories 535 % Daily Value * Total Fat 30g 38% Saturated Fat 14g 70% Cholesterol 29mg 10% Sodium 304mg 13% Total Carbohydrate 63g 23% Total Sugars 35g Protein 8g Vitamin C 2.3mg 12% Calcium 55mg 4% Iron 2.7mg 15% Potassium 188mg 4% Folate, total 14.3mcg Vitamin B-12 0.1mcg Vitamin B-6 0.1mg *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.