Pumpkin Cake Roll
- Allow eggs to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, grease a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Line bottom of pan with waxed paper or parchment paper; grease paper. Set pan aside. In a small bowl stir together flour, cinnamon, baking powder, ginger, salt, and nutmeg; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl beat eggs with an electric mixer on high speed about 5 minutes or until thick and lemon color. Gradually add granulated sugar, beating on medium speed until light and fluffy. Stir in pumpkin and lemon juice. Beat in flour mixture on low to medium speed just until combined. Spread batter evenly in the prepared baking pan. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Immediately loosen edges of cake from pan and turn cake out onto a clean kitchen towel sprinkled with powdered sugar. Remove waxed paper. Roll towel and cake into a spiral, starting from a short side of the cake. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, for filling, in a medium mixing bowl beat cream cheese, butter, and vanilla on medium speed until smooth. Gradually beat in 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar.
- Unroll cake; remove towel. Spread cake with filling to within 1 inch of the edges. Roll up cake; trim ends. Cover and chill for 2 to 48 hours.
Nutrition Facts (Pumpkin Cake Roll)
- Per serving:
- 534 kcal ,
- 29 g fat
- (12 g sat. fat ,
- 8 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 6 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 121 mg chol. ,
- 394 mg sodium ,
- 64 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 51 g sugar ,
- 8 g pro.
sandrasbus 285 Days Ago
I substituted the cream cheese filling with vanilla ice cream. I slice then sprinkle with some chocolate syrup...
Sandy Sanders 632 Days Ago
I made this using a 17 x 11 pan, think I didn't roll it tight enough, but seems like more icing than pumpkin roll, is that too big a pan making it thinner cake roll.?
Jody Mitchell 980 Days Ago
I make these every year but I have troubles with them breaking and cracking. What kind of towel do you use or how do you keep them from breaking and cracking? I have used a flour sack towel and even a pillow case.
Stephanie Teague 1007 Days Ago
love the recipe, but while trying to enter the sweepstakes, I watch the videos, then the system never really confirms my entry???? what's up with that!???
Cindy Sedlock 1377 Days Ago
I made this for the first time ever last week---it was all gone by the very next day! This recipe is soooo easy and it tastes amazing! TY
Levi Power 1388 Days Ago
just made this today for the first time, turned out amazing, looks amazing also when sliced at a small angle and garnished with a custard sauce and fresh berries. Well done
Linda Goulart 1697 Days Ago
My family has loved this holiday dessert for years. Wherever I take, people rave about it and want the recipe. I have always guarded it as one of the few recipes I wouldn't share. Guess there is no sense doing that now. i would use a large can of pumpkin and increase the other portions by 4. I would then have 4 rolls. I would then cut those 4 in half and freeze them. That was the perfect size to take to dinners or share with others.