Pumpkin Bread Pudding with Citrus Drizzle
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread bread cubes in a single layer in a shallow baking pan. Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until dry and lightly toasted; cool slightly.
- Grease a 2-qt. rectangular or square baking dish. Remove 1 tsp. zest and squeeze 2 Tbsp. juice from orange. In a large bowl combine orange zest and next five ingredients (through pumpkin pie spice). Stir in bread cubes until moistened. Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. Cool slightly on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, for icing, in a small bowl beat cream cheese and 1 Tbsp. butter with a mixer on medium until combined. Beat in powdered sugar and 1 Tbsp. of the orange juice. Beat in enough of the remaining orange juice, 1 tsp. at a time, to reach drizzling consistency. Drizzle warm bread pudding with icing.
From the Test Kitchen
For pumpkin bread, use a 1-lb. loaf from a bakery, bake a loaf from a mix, or bake a loaf from scratch. Then taste your pumpkin bread before determining the amount of pumpkin pie spice you want to use.
Nutrition Facts (Pumpkin Bread Pudding with Citrus Drizzle)
- Per serving:
- 369 kcal ,
- 18 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 89 mg chol. ,
- 393 mg sodium ,
- 47 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 36 g sugar ,
- 7 g pro.