Pumpkin-Biscotti Bread Pudding with Brown Sugar Caramel Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl beat granulated sugar and eggs with an electric mixer on medium speed for 1 to 2 minutes or until fluffy. Add milk, pumpkin, the 3/4 cup whipping cream, the allspice, nutmeg, salt, and cloves; beat until combined.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture over the bread and biscotti. Let stand about 10 minutes or until bread completely soaks up the liquid. Sprinkle the 1/4 cup butter pieces over top.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until set and brown on edges. Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for brown sugar caramel sauce, in a small saucepan melt the 1/2 cup butter over medium-high heat. Add brown sugar and the 1/4 cup whipping cream, whisking until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat. Stir in bourbon and vanilla. Serve warm sauce with bread pudding.
From the Test Kitchen
To crumble the biscotti, place it in a sealed storage bag; crush it with a rolling pin or the bottom of a small skillet.
Nutrition Facts (Pumpkin-Biscotti Bread Pudding with Brown Sugar Caramel Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 579 kcal ,
- 34 g fat
- (19 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 9 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 200 mg chol. ,
- 455 mg sodium ,
- 57 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 36 g sugar ,
- 10 g pro.