Puffed Oven Pancake with Glazed Apples
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place 2 Tbsp. butter in an extra-large oven-going skillet.* Place skillet in oven 3 to 5 minutes or until butter is melted.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl beat eggs with a wire whisk. Add flour, milk, and salt; whisk until smooth. Immediately pour batter into the hot skillet. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until puffed and well browned.
- Meanwhile, for glazed apples, in a large skillet melt 2 Tbsp. butter over medium heat; add apples. Cook and stir about 8 minutes or until apples are tender. Stir in brown sugar; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until sauce is smooth, stirring gently. Remove from heat. Carefully stir in juice. Return skillet to heat; heat through.
- Serve glazed apples over pancake. Cut into wedges. If desired, sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar. Serve warm.
From the Test Kitchen
If you don't have an extra-large oven-going skillet, use a 13x9-inch metal baking pan.
Nutrition Facts (Puffed Oven Pancake with Glazed Apples)
- Per serving:
- 173 kcal ,
- 9 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 110 mg chol. ,
- 165 mg sodium ,
- 19 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 10 g sugar ,
- 5 g pro.