White Chocolate-Gingerbread Trifle
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x9x2-inch square pan, then line bottom of pan with parchment paper. In a medium bowl sift together the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, and salt; set aside.
- In a small saucepan heat the molasses, water, butter, and brown sugar until hot, stirring until butter and brown sugar are melted. In a large bowl whisk the 2 eggs until blended. Slowly whisk in the molasses mixture. Stir in flour mixture. Pour batter in prepared pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until a skewer inserted near center comes out clean. Cool gingerbread in pan. Remove from pan. Tear two-thirds of the cake into pieces (about 7 cups). Set aside until ready to assemble trifle.
Lemon-White Chocolate Cream:
- in a bowl whisk together egg yolks, whole eggs, sugar, and lemon juice. Transfer to a heavy medium-size saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until thickened. If mixture becomes lumpy, whisk until smooth. Remove from heat. Whisk in white chocolate until smooth. Strain into a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap directly on surface. Refrigerate until cold.
- In a large mixing bowl beat whipping cream until soft peaks form. Remove, cover, and chill 1/2 cup of the whipped cream to use as topping. Fold remaining whipped cream into cold Lemon-White Chocolate Cream; refrigerated until ready to assemble trifle.
- in a medium saucepan combine cranberries, water, and sugar. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cranberries are soft. Cool completely. Stir in strawberries
- LAYER 1 In a 7- to 9-inch trifle bowl or other container, spoon in half the Lemon-White Chocolate Cream.
- LAYER 2 Evenly top with pieces of Homemade Gingerbread.
- LAYER 3 Spoon remaining Lemon-White Chocolate Cream on gingerbread layer.
- LAYER 4 Top with Cranberry Compote.
- LAYER 5 Top with the 1/2 cup reserved whipped cream and slivered candied ginger.
Nutrition Facts (White Chocolate-Gingerbread Trifle)
- Per serving:
- 452 kcal ,
- 21 g fat
- (12 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 6 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 205 mg chol. ,
- 257 mg sodium ,
- 63 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 39 g sugar ,
- 6 g pro.
ldyinwhtsatinv 368 Days Ago
I have made this several times and get requests for it! Great recipe.
Sarah French 1835 Days Ago
Made this for a pre-Christmas gathering. Delicious! I didn't bother with the cranberry compote and just used fresh raspberries on top instead, as it is summer here, but it was very, very good and I will be adding it to my dessert repertoire.