Savory Egg and Sweet Potato Scramble
Don't save eggs just for breakfast. This hearty vegetable scramble is ideal for lunch or dinner, too. Serve with a toasted English muffin and fruit salad or glass of OJ.
- 8 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (about 1 pound total), peeled, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- Bottled hot pepper sauce (optional)
- In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, milk, cumin, salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a large skillet melt butter over medium heat. Add sweet potato and green onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are lightly browned and just tender, about 8 minutes. Add spinach. Cook until slightly wilted, about 1 minute.
- Pour egg mixture over potato mixture in skillet. Cook, without stirring, until mixture begins to set on bottom and around edges. Lift and fold partially cooked egg mixture so the uncooked portion flows underneath. Continue cooking for 2 to 3 minutes or until egg mixture is cooked through but still glossy and moist. Sprinkle with fresh parsley. Remove from heat and serve at once. Pass bottled hot pepper sauce.
Nutrition Facts (Savory Egg and Sweet Potato Scramble)
- Per serving:
- 258 kcal ,
- 13 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 5 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 381 mg chol. ,
- 390 mg sodium ,
- 20 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 5 g sugar ,
- 15 g pro.