Baked Santa Fe Dip
The combination of cheddar and Monterey Jack ensures that this spicy hot-from-the-oven dip has great cheese flavor.
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack or mozzarella cheese (4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise dressing or salad dressing
- 1 8 ounce can whole kernel corn, drained (3/4 cup)
- 1 4 ounce can chopped green chili peppers, drained
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped canned chipotle chili peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped (3/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
- Vegetable dippers such as sweet pepper wedges and sliced jicama
- Lightly salted tortilla chips or baked tortilla wedges
- Stir together cheeses, mayonnaise or salad dressing, corn, chili peppers, chipotle chili peppers, and garlic powder in a large mixing bowl. Spread mixture into a 9-inch quiche dish, shallow 1-quart casserole, or 9-inch pie plate. Cover and chill up to 24 hours. Combine tomato, green onion, and cilantro. Cover and chill up to 24 hours.
- To serve, bake cheese mixture in dish in a 350 degree oven about 25 minutes or until heated through. Spoon tomato mixture in the center. Serve with vegetable dippers and tortilla chips. Makes 28 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Baked Santa Fe Dip)
- Per serving:
- 69 kcal ,
- 5 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 12 mg chol. ,
- 137 mg sodium ,
- 2 g carb. ,
- 3 g pro.