Pretzel-Coated Chicken with Couscous
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil. Coat foil with cooking spray; set pan aside. In a food processor* combine pretzels, 1/2 cup of the peanuts, and, if desired, the crushed red pepper. Cover and process until coarsely ground. Transfer mixture to a plastic bag.
- Pour egg product into a shallow dish. Dip chicken into egg product, turning to coat. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, to crumb mixture in bag; shake to coat. Arrange chicken in the prepared baking pan. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is done (165 degrees F).
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan combine stir-fry vegetables and broth. Bring to boiling. Stir in couscous; remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Chop the remaining peanuts. Stir peanuts, vinegar, and oil into couscous mixture. Serve chicken with couscous mixture and Dipping Sauce.
From the Test Kitchen
If you do not have a food processor, place pretzels in a large resealable plastic bag; seal bag and finely crush pretzels with a rolling pin or meat mallet. Finely chop 1/2 cup of the peanuts and add to pretzel crumbs in bag.
vegetarian, lower carb
- In a bowl combine yogurt, mustard, and honey.
Nutrition Facts (Pretzel-Coated Chicken with Couscous)
- Per serving:
- 336 kcal ,
- 12 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 39 mg chol. ,
- 344 mg sodium ,
- 31 g carb. ,
- 4 g fiber ,
- 6 g sugar ,
- 26 g pro.