Pressure Cooker Garlicky Spinach and Feta Dip
- In a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker use the saute setting to cook and stir garlic in hot oil 1 minute. Gradually add arugula and spinach; cook and stir until greens wilt. For a stove-top cooker, cook directly in the pot over medium heat. Drain well; cool slightly. Press out any excess liquid from greens.
- Using kitchen scissors, snip the greens into bite-size pieces. In a large bowl combine greens, the next five ingredients (through pepper), 3/4 cup of the feta, and 1/3 cup of the green onions. Transfer to a 1 1/2-qt. round ceramic or glass baking dish.
- Place steam rack in pot. Add 2 cups water to pot. Cut three double-thick 18x3-inch heavy foil strips. Crisscross strips and place dish on top of crisscross. Use strips to place dish on the steam rack. Lock lid in place.
- Set electric cooker on high pressure to cook 10 minutes. For stove-top cooker, bring up pressure over medium-high heat; reduce heat enough to maintain steady pressure. Cook 10 minutes. Remove from heat. For both models, release pressure quickly. Open lid carefully. Use foil strips to lift dish out of pot. Stir. Sprinkle with remaining feta and green onions. Serve with pita chips and/or vegetables.
From the Test Kitchen
Two 10-oz. pkg. frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and well-drained, can be used in place of the fresh greens.
Nutrition Facts (Pressure Cooker Garlicky Spinach and Feta Dip)
- Per serving:
- 83 kcal ,
- 8 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 12 mg chol. ,
- 124 mg sodium ,
- 1 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 1 g sugar ,
- 2 g pro.