Pressure Cooker Blueberry French Toast Casserole
- Grease a 1 1/2-qt. round ceramic or glass dish.* Arrange one-third of the bread slices in an even layer in prepared dish, cutting to fit as needed. Top with half the blueberries. Repeat layers once using half the remaining bread slices and all remaining blueberries. Top with remaining bread slices. In a large bowl whisk together the next six ingredients (through cinnamon). Slowly pour over bread in dish. (Dish will be very full.) Use the back of a large spoon to press bread down to moisten top completely. Cover dish with foil. Let stand in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Place a steam rack in a 6-qt. electric or stove-top pressure cooker. Pour 1 1/2 cups water in pot. Cut three double-thick, 18x3-inch heavy foil strips. Crisscross strips and place dish on top of crisscross. Use foil strips to lower dish to steam rack. Lock lid in place. Set an electric cooker on high pressure to cook 25 minutes. For a stove-top cooker, bring up to pressure over medium-high heat; reduce heat enough to maintain steady (but not excessive) pressure. Cook 25 minutes. Remove from heat. For both models, release pressure quickly. Open lid carefully. Use foil strips to lift dish out of pot. Let stand, loosely covered, 30 minutes before serving. Serve with Lemon Mascarpone Cream.
From the Test Kitchen
Make sure the dish will fit into the pressure cooker.
To dry bread slices, place slices on a wire rack; cover loosely and let stand on the counter overnight. Or, place bread slices on a large baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, in a 300 degrees F oven 5 to 10 minutes or until dry.
Lemon Mascarpone Cream
- In a chilled medium bowl beat whipping cream with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form. Set aside. In another medium bowl beat mascarpone cheese, honey, lemon zest, lemon juice, and nutmeg on medium speed until well combined. Fold about 1/3 of the whipped cream into the cheese mixture to lighten. Fold in remaining whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts (Pressure Cooker Blueberry French Toast Casserole)
- Per serving:
- 451 kcal ,
- 25 g fat
- (13 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 4 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 159 mg chol. ,
- 305 mg sodium ,
- 47 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 25 g sugar ,
- 10 g pro.