Sweet Potato Spice Loaf
- Let eggs and buttermilk stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly coat 9x5x3-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; coat lightly with flour. Set aside. In bowl combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, allspice, and nutmeg; set aside.
- In large microwave-safe bowl, microcook butter on 10 percent power (low) for 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 minutes or until very soft but not melted, checking and rearranging if necessary every 30 seconds.
- Add sugar; whisk until well combined. Add eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla; whisk until well mixed (mixture may look curdled). Add flour mixture. Whisk until combined. Fold in the sweet potato. Spoon into prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake 65 to 70 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched and split in top appears dry. Cool on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Cool completely, about 2 hours. Makes 12 slices.
- With vegetable peeler, remove strips of peel from clementine or orange. In small microwave-safe bowl combine peel strips with honey. Microcook on 100 percent power (high) for 30 to 40 seconds or until warmed. Cover. Let stand while cake cools. Spoon peel strips and honey over cake.
Kathy 1791 Days Ago
Have made this at least 3 dozen times, without the clementine topping. I double the recipe and make 1 large loaf and of mini loaves and muffins. Freezes excellent. Wash the taters and DO NOT peel, will cook up beautifully. Just adjust oven temp to 325 with a darker pan and start checking at 45//50 min mark. Enjoy