Turkey Lasagna Rolls
- For sauce, in a large skillet cook turkey, onion, and garlic until turkey is brown; drain fat. Stir in mushrooms, water, undrained tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, and basil. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain noodles; rinse with cold water. Drain again.
- For filling, in a mixing bowl stir together egg, ricotta cheese, spinach, 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese, and 3/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese.
- Spread about 1/2 cup of the filling on each lasagna noodle. Starting from a narrow end, roll up each lasagna noodle. Place lasagna rolls in a 2-quart rectangular baking dish. Pour sauce over lasagna rolls. Cover dish with foil.
- Bake in a 375 degree F. oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes more or until heated through. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese and, if desired, garnish with parsley sprigs. Makes 8 main-dish servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare lasagna rolls. Cover and chill up to 12 hours. Bake in a 375 degree F. oven for 35 minutes. Remove foil; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes more or until heated through. Continue as directed.
Nutrition Facts (Turkey Lasagna Rolls)
- Per serving:
- 345 kcal ,
- 15 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat ,
- 75 mg chol. ,
- 511 mg sodium ,
- 28 g carb. ,
- 26 g pro.