- Cut turkey into thin bite-size strips. Set aside.
- For sauce, in a small bowl stir together soy sauce, sugar, lemon juice, cornstarch, and crushed red pepper. Set aside.
- Stack tortillas; wrap in foil. Heat in a 350 degree F oven for 10 minutes or until warm. Or, place tortillas, half at a time, between layers of microwave-safe paper towels. Micro-cook on 100 percent power (high) for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until warm.
- Pour cooking oil into a wok or large skillet. (Add more oil as necessary during cooking.) Preheat over medium-high heat. Stir-fry garlic in hot oil for 15 seconds. Add sweet peppers and onion; stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove vegetables from the wok.
- Add turkey to the hot wok. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until done. Push turkey from the center of the wok.
- Stir sauce. Add sauce to the center of the wok. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Return cooked vegetables to the wok. Stir all ingredients together to coat with sauce. Cook and stir about 1 minute more or until heated through. Spoon turkey mixture onto warm tortillas and roll up. Serve immediately. Makes 4 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare vegetables; cover and chill up to 4 hours.
Nutrition Facts (Turkey Fajitas)
- Per serving:
- 336 kcal ,
- 8 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 37 mg chol. ,
- 1236 mg sodium ,
- 45 g carb. ,
- 22 g pro.