Queso Verde Dip
- In a large skillet cook ground turkey and onion in hot oil over medium heat until turkey is no longer pink and onion is tender. Drain off fat.
- In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker combine turkey mixture, salsa, cream cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, poblano pepper, Worcestershire marinade, cumin, and garlic.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 3 to 3 1/2 hours or on high-heat setting for 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours. Stir until cream cheese is blended. Serve immediately or keep covered on warm or low-heat setting for up to 2 hours. Stir before serving. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with tortilla chips. Makes 22 (1/4-cup) servings
From the Test Kitchen
Because hot chile peppers, such as poblanos, contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with chiles as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the chile peppers, wash your hands well with soap and water.
Nutrition Facts (Queso Verde Dip)
- Per serving:
- 122 kcal ,
- 9 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat ,
- 37 mg chol. ,
- 146 mg sodium ,
- 3 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 7 g pro.
1. no extra peppers. The spice of verde salsa that I purchased was enough for our occasion. If serving with a group that likes alot of heat, add the peppers.
2. I cooked a small package of chicken tenders in the crockpot with water (instead of using ground turkey). Drained the water and shredded the chicken. Add remaining ingred. Mmmmm...