Make-Ahead Chicken-Asparagus Lasagna Rolls
- Place frozen lasagna sheets on a baking sheet; cover with plastic wrap and thaw for 30 minutes; drain. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine ricotta cheese, chicken, Parmesan cheese, onion, pimiento, salt, garlic powder, and egg white. Stir in asparagus.
- Spread one-third of the chicken mixture onto a lasagna sheet. Starting from the short edge, roll up into a spiral. Cut the roll crosswise into 6 pieces. Place pasta rolls, cut side down, in a greased 2-quart rectangular baking dish. Repeat with remaining lasagna sheets and filling.
- For sauce, in a small heavy saucepan heat and stir cream cheese over medium-low heat until softened. Slowly add milk, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat; cool. Pour half of the sauce over pasta rolls.
- Cover and chill pasta rolls and remaining sauce for up to 24 hours. (Or, bake immediately in a 350 degree F oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until heated through.) Bake chilled rolls, covered, in a 350 degree F oven for 50 to 55 minutes or until hot. Heat remaining sauce over low heat, stirring frequently. Spoon sauce over rolls. Makes 6 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Or, use 6 regular lasagna noodles, cooked. Cut each noodle in half crosswise. Spoon a scant 1/4 cup of chicken mixture onto 1 end of the noodle. Roll up into a spiral.
Nutrition Facts (Make-Ahead Chicken-Asparagus Lasagna Rolls)
- Per serving:
- 342 kcal ,
- 18 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat ,
- 74 mg chol. ,
- 352 mg sodium ,
- 23 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 21 g pro.