- Cut chicken into thin bite-size strips. Set aside.
- For sauce, in a small bowl stir together soy sauce, honey, sherry, cornstarch, and five-spice powder. Set aside.
- Pour cooking oil into a wok or large skillet. (Add more oil as necessary during cooking.) Preheat over medium-high heat. Stir-fry ginger and garlic in hot oil for 15 seconds. Add onions; stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove onion mixture from the wok. Add zucchini to the hot wok; stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove zucchini from the wok.
- Add chicken to the hot wok. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until no pink remains. Push chicken from the center of the wok.
- Stir sauce. Add sauce to the center of the wok. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Return onion mixture and zucchini to wok. Stir all ingredients together to coat with sauce. Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes more or until heated through. Serve immediately with hot cooked rice. Sprinkle with carrots strips, if desired. Makes 4 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare vegetables; cover and chill up to 4 hours.
Nutrition Facts (Honey-Ginger Chicken)
- Per serving:
- 284 kcal ,
- 8 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 41 mg chol. ,
- 561 mg sodium ,
- 35 g carb. ,
- 16 g pro.