Crunchy Phyllo Rolls
- Cut chicken into thin bite-size strips. Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of the chicken to the hot wok. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until no pink remains. Remove from wok. Repeat with remaining chicken. (Add more oil as necessary during cooking.) Cook chicken slightly.
- Combine chicken, cabbages, lemon peel, salt, and pepper in a very large bowl. Gently toss to mix well.
- Cover and chill 9 cups of the cabbage-chicken mixture; serve as a main dish salad.
- Coarsely chop 3 cups of cabbage-chicken mixture on a cutting board using a chef's knife. Place in a large mixing bowl; mix in mushrooms, green onion, and cornstarch until combine.
- Lightly brush one sheet of phyllo dough with some of the margarine or butter. Place another sheet of phyllo on top of the first sheet and brush with margarine or butter. Repeat with another sheet of phyllo and margarine or butter. Cut phyllo stack into 12 squares about 4x4 inches.
- Spread a rounded tablespoon of filling mixture in the center of a phyllo square. Fold in two parallel sides of the square 1/2-inch over filling. Fold bottom edge over filling and roll up tightly. Repeat with remaining phyllo dough sheets, margarine or butter, and filling.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush tops with remaining metled margarine or butter and sprinkle with seasme seed. Bake in a 400 degree F oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden. Halve each roll diagonally. Serve warm with sweet-and-sour or plum sauce. Makes 24 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare cabbage-chicken mixture; cover and chill up to 2 days.
Nutrition Facts (Crunchy Phyllo Rolls)
- Per serving:
- 52 kcal ,
- 4 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 2 mg chol. ,
- 82 mg sodium ,
- 3 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 2 g pro.