Creamy Chicken and Spaghetti Bake
- Break spaghetti in half. Cook spaghetti according to package directions just until tender. Drain; transfer spaghetti to a large mixing bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook chicken, mushrooms, onion, and garlic in hot oil over medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Add chicken mixture to spaghetti.
- For sauce, in a small saucepan melt 1 tablespoon margarine or butter. Stir in flour and pepper. Add milk all at once. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Add American cheese, stirring until melted. Remove from heat. Stir in olives, parsley, and pimiento.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken mixture. Toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 2-quart square baking dish or casserole. In a small mixing bowl toss together bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and 1 tablespoon melted margarine or butter. Sprinkle over chicken mixture.
- Cover and bake in a 375 degree F oven for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 to 15 minutes more or until heated through. Makes 4 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare casserole; cover and chill up to 24 hours. Prepare crumb mixture and chill separately. To serve, sprinkle crumb mixture over chicken mixture. Bake casserole, covered, in a 375 degree F oven for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 to 15 minutes more or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts (Creamy Chicken and Spaghetti Bake)
- Per serving:
- 486 kcal ,
- 24 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat ,
- 67 mg chol. ,
- 611 mg sodium ,
- 41 g carb. ,
- 26 g pro.