Chicken-Filled Crepe Party Purses
- For crepes, in a blender container combine the milk, flour, egg, cooking oil, baking powder, and salt; cover and blend until smooth. Heat a very lightly greased nonstick 7-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Remove from heat; spoon 2 tablespoons of the batter into center of the skillet. Lift and tilt skillet to spread batter.
- Return to heat; cook for 1 minute or until light brown. Turn with a spatula; cook second side for 30 seconds. Carefully slide finished crepe onto a plate lined with paper towels. Repeat with remaining batter, keeping crepes covered as you prepare them. Set crepes aside.
- Clean green onions; trim and discard root ends. Thinly slice white parts; reserve 12 whole green top pieces. In a large skillet bring 1/2 cup water just to boiling. Add green onion tops; cook for 30 seconds. Immediately rinse with cold water; drain on paper towels and set aside.
- In the same skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the sliced white parts of onions, cooked chicken, and white pepper; cook just until chicken is heated through. Add broth and wine; bring to boiling.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 to 7 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Add cheese and tarragon; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Strain mixture, reserving liquid for sauce and solids for crepe filling. Cover sauce and keep warm.
- For each serving, spoon about 2 tablespoons chicken mixture onto a crepe; pull up sides to make a "purse". Tie purse closed with a cooked green onion top. Spoon 1 tablespoon sauce onto each plate; set purse in center. If desired, garnish with red pepper. Makes 12.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare crepes. Stack crepes, placing two sheets of waxed paper between each one. Place in large plastic freezer bag; seal, label, and freeze up to 1 month.
Nutrition Facts (Chicken-Filled Crepe Party Purses)
- Per serving:
- 147 kcal ,
- 7 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat ,
- 46 mg chol. ,
- 109 mg sodium ,
- 9 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 9 g pro.