Chicken Breasts with Curried Stuffing
- In a small saucepan cook carrot, green onion, and curry powder in margarine until vegetables are tender. Remove from heat and stir in bread crumbs, raisins, and water.
- Place one chicken breast half, boned side up, between two pieces of clear plastic wrap. Working from the center to the edges, pound lightly with a meat mallet to 1/4-inch thickness. Remove plastic wrap. Repeat with remaining chicken. Sprinkle chicken pieces lightly with salt.
- Place one-fourth of the stuffing mixture on one half of each chicken breast. Fold the other half of the chicken breast over the filling. Secure with a wooden toothpick. Place chicken in an 8x8x2-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake, covered, in a 350 degree F oven about 25 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, combine yogurt and marmalade. To serve, dollop about 1 tablespoon yogurt mixture atop each piece of chicken. Makes 4 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare chicken as above but do not bake. Cover and chill up to 4 hours. To serve, bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree F oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink. Serve as above.
Nutrition Facts (Chicken Breasts with Curried Stuffing)
- Per serving:
- 223 kcal ,
- 6 g fat
- 73 mg chol. ,
- 209 mg sodium ,
- 12 g carb. ,
- 28 g pro.