Potluck Chicken Tetrazzini
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook spaghetti according to package directions, adding asparagus for the last 1 minute of cooking; drain. Return mixture to pan.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat butter over medium heat until melted. Add mushrooms and sweet peppers; cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until mushrooms are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in flour and black pepper. Gradually stir in broth and milk. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Add mushroom mixture, chicken, cheese, and half of the lemon peel to pasta mixture; toss gently to coat. Transfer mixture to an ungreased 3-quart shallow baking dish.
- In a medium bowl toss together bread cubes, oil, and the remaining lemon peel. Sprinkle bread cube mixture over pasta mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, about 15 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. If desired, sprinkle with parsley.
From the Test Kitchen
If mushrooms are large, halve or quarter them so the pieces are 1 to 1-1/2 inches in size.
Nutrition Facts (Potluck Chicken Tetrazzini)
- Per serving:
- 282 kcal ,
- 10 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 48 mg chol. ,
- 258 mg sodium ,
- 28 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 4 g sugar ,
- 20 g pro.
How To Video
Angela Peifer 1661 Days Ago
We really liked this. It's a light tettrazini...great for a summer night. I substituted pre-cooked diced chicken and used seasoned croutons rather than sourdough bread cubes. Otherwise I followed the recipe as written and will be making it again.