Potato Salad with Caramelized Onions & Roasted Chile Vinaigrette
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. For potato salad, in a shallow roasting pan toss together potatoes, 3 tablespoons of the olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Roast potatoes, uncovered, for 25 to 30 minutes or until they can easily be pierced with a fork. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, for caramelize onions, in a large skillet over medium heat cook and stir onion slices in the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and the butter about 15 minutes.
- For vinaigrette, in a blender combine vinegar, sugar, about 1/2 cup of the roasted chiles, and the garlic. Cover and blend until well combined. With blender running, slowly add canola oil in a steady stream through hole in the top until vinaigrette is thickened. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl gently toss roasted potatoes, caramelized onions, and the remaining chopped chiles. Add 1 cup of the vinaigrette; gently toss to combine. Sprinkle salad with cilantro. Pass remaining vinaigrette.
From the Test Kitchen
Arrange peppers on a baking sheet, allowing space between peppers. Roast at 425 degrees F about 20 minutes or until skins are blistered and browned.
Nutrition Facts (Potato Salad with Caramelized Onions & Roasted Chile Vinaigrette)
- Per serving:
- 284 kcal ,
- 15 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 10 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 3 mg chol. ,
- 202 mg sodium ,
- 35 g carb. ,
- 5 g fiber ,
- 10 g sugar ,
- 4 g pro.