- Cut off mushroom stems even with caps; discard stems. Lightly rinse mushrooms; gently pat dry with paper towels. Finely chop mushrooms.
- In a large skillet melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Cook mushrooms in hot butter about 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and most of the liquid has evaporated. Carefully add wine to skillet; cook about 2 minutes more or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- In a medium bowl combine mushrooms, cream cheese, the softened butter, rosemary, garlic, salt, and pepper. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until nearly smooth. Cover and chill for 3 to 24 hours.
- Serve pate on toasted baguette slices with lemon wedges or as part of a charcuterie platter.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare as directed through Step 3, except cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Serve pate as directed.
For a lighter recipe, use reduced-fat cream cheese.
Nutrition Facts (Portobello Pate)
- Per serving:
- 109 kcal ,
- 10 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 31 mg chol. ,
- 138 mg sodium ,
- 2 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 2 g pro.
tammynolanREMAX 823 Days Ago
This is the easiest and most tasty recipe. I get requests to make this from people who don't even like mushrooms!
Anonymous 1860 Days Ago
This is an absolutely awesome recipe! I used it to make swiss patty melts and it was fantastic on those too. :) My husband and son love this stuff and it doesn't stay around long. I use button mushrooms instead of Portobello though.