Port-Poached Figs with Greek Yogurt
- In a medium saucepan bring port, sugar, lemon peel, and, if desired, star anise to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 10 minutes or until reduced to 1/3 cup. Add figs, turning to coat. Reduce heat to low. Cook 5 minutes more, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- In a small bowl stir together yogurt, orange peel, and orange juice until combined.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl microwave honey on 100% power (high) 7 to 10 seconds or just until warm. Stir in pistachios and pepper until coated.
- To assemble, divide fig halves among four small dessert bowls. Drizzle each serving with 2 teaspoons of the port mixture. Top each with 2 1/2 tablespoons of the yogurt mixture and 1/2 tablespoon of the pistachio mixture.
From the Test Kitchen
Choose Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking. Follow package directions to use product amount equivalent to 2 tablespoons sugar.
PER SERVING WITH SUBSTITUTE: Same as above, except 167 cal., 21 g carb. (13 g sugars). Exchanges: 0 other carb.
Nutrition Facts (Port-Poached Figs with Greek Yogurt )
- Per serving:
- 176 kcal ,
- 2 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 0 mg chol. ,
- 34 mg sodium ,
- 25 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 16 g sugar ,
- 5 g pro.