Stacked Sweet Corn, Bean, and Beef Casserole
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cut corn from cobs; set aside. Grease a 9-inch springform pan, large oven-going platter, or a 12-inch pizza pan; set aside.
- In a large skillet cook beef and chorizo until brown and cooked through, breaking up any large pieces with a spatula; drain fat. Add beans to beef mixture and heat through. Cover and keep warm.
- In another large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, sweet pepper, and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally until tender, about 10 minutes. Add corn, salsa, chili powder, cumin, and cayenne. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place two of the tortillas in prepared pan. Top with meat mixture. Reserve 1/4 cup of cheese. Divide the remaining 1-1/4 cups of cheese in half; sprinkle one half on the meat mixture. Add another tortilla, vegetable mixture, and remaining half of cheese. Add final tortilla. Cover loosely with foil. Bake 10 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with reserved 1/4 cup of cheese. Bake 10 minutes more. Let stand 10 minutes. Remove sides if using springform pan. Top with sour cream, tomatoes, and cilantro. Slice with a serrated knife. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Stacked Sweet Corn, Bean, and Beef Casserole)
- Per serving:
- 514 kcal ,
- 29 g fat
- (12 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 12 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 82 mg chol. ,
- 890 mg sodium ,
- 33 g carb. ,
- 6 g fiber ,
- 3 g sugar ,
- 30 g pro.
How To Video
Alison Grove 1919 Days Ago
This was pretty good. I prefer black beans so I used those instead of pinto, but this was an all around good recipe. It wasn't too difficult to make either.