Spinach Sausage Pie
- Grease a 9-inch springform pan. Set aside.
- For filling, in a large skillet cook sausage until brown. Drain well, Add the spinach, tomato sauce, mushrooms, bread crumbs, and pimiento. Mix thoroughly and set aside.
- For crust, on a lightly floured surface roll two-thirds of the bread dough into an 11-inch circle. Carefully place in the prepared pan, patting dough 1 inch up the side. Carefully place in the prepared pan, patting dough 1 inch up the side. Spoon filling into crust.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll remaining bread dough into a 10-inch circle. Cut dough circle into 10 to 12 wedges. Arrange wedges on top of the filling, sealing edges to bottom crust along edge of pan. Brush top with melted margarine or butter.
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until filling is hot. If necessary, cover top with foil the last 10 minutes. Remove side of pan. Serve warm. Makes 8 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare and bake pie as directed above. Cool pie nearly to room temperature, then cover with foil. Refrigerate for up to 24 hours. Reheat, covered, in a 325 degree F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until heated through, removing foil after 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts (Spinach Sausage Pie)
- Per serving:
- 298 kcal ,
- 12 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 23 mg chol. ,
- 864 mg sodium ,
- 37 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 14 g pro.