Roast Loin of Pork Stuffed with Dried Apricots & Plums
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Stand roast on one end. To make an opening for the fruit, insert a long knife with a 1-inch-wide blade through center of roast.* Remove the knife and, alternating apricots and plums, stuff and pack fruit in the opening.
- In bowl combine mustard, garlic powder, and pepper; rub meat all over with mustard mixture.
- Place vegetables in 13x9x2-inch baking pan; place roast on vegetables. Pour wine over roast. Add 2 tablespoons water to pan.
- Roast, uncovered, 80 to 90 minutes or until instant-read thermometer inserted in meat (not touching fruit) registers 150 degrees F. Transfer roast to warm platter. Reserve vegetables for another use. Cover roast with foil; let stand 15 minutes. Meat temperature after standing should reach 160 degrees F. To serve, slice roast and sprinkle herbs. Makes 8 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
If necessary, cut an opening in each side, stuff half the fruit from each side.
Nutrition Facts (Roast Loin of Pork Stuffed with Dried Apricots & Plums)
- Per serving:
- 359 kcal ,
- 16 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 8 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 75 mg chol. ,
- 251 mg sodium ,
- 17 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 9 g sugar ,
- 26 g pro.