Pork Loin with Butternut Squash
- Halve and peel squash, discard seeds, then cut squash in large chunks. Place squash in a 3- or 3 1/2-quart slow cooker.
- In a small bowl combine salt, pepper, pumpkin pie spice, and onion or garlic powder; rub seasoning on all sides of pork. Heat oil in a large skillet; brown pork on all sides in the hot oil. Place pork on squash in cooker. Pour soup and applesauce over all. Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours or on LOW for 4 hours.
- Remove roast from cooker to cutting board to slice. Serve pork roast and squash drizzled with cooking sauce.
Nutrition Facts (Pork Loin with Butternut Squash)
- Per serving:
- 322 kcal ,
- 14 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 6 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 76 mg chol. ,
- 732 mg sodium ,
- 22 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 11 g sugar ,
- 26 g pro.
Debbie Woods 1452 Days Ago
Any time even my 4 yr old and 6 yr old will eat dinner without complaints dinner is a huge victory! Personally, I'm not a huge fan of pork in general, but this had so much flavor. My 6 yr old said the squash tasted like dessert! I cheated and bought the pre-chopped squash (totally worth it IMO) and the dish pulled together so easily! Served with mashed cauliflower and everybody cleaned their plates! Keeper!
Anonymous 1526 Days Ago
I felt that this recipe had a lot of potential but was not as flavorful as I was initally hoping. The pork took longer to cook (I was trying the HIGH for 2 hours route) and the French Onion Soup got lost and made the squash quite watery so I wondered if as much would be necessary should someone make it again.