Pork Cutlets with Brussels Sprouts
- Using meat mallet or heavy rolling pin pound pork, layered between plastic wrap, to 1/4-inch thickness. In shallow dish combine flour, half the paprika, and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Coat pork in flour mixture; set aside.
- In large skillet cook sprouts in hot butter over medium-high 5 to 8 minutes, until crisp-tender and edges are brown. Remove from skillet. Cover and keep warm.
- In same skillet add additional butter, if needed. Cook pork 4 to 5 minutes, turning once, until golden outside and slightly pink in center. Remove from skillet. Cover; keep warm.
- For sauce, combine sour cream, milk, and brown sugar. Whisk into skillet. Heat through (do not boil). Serve sauce, sprinkled with remaining paprika, over pork and sprouts. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Pork Cutlets with Brussels Sprouts)
- Per serving:
- 395 kcal ,
- 22 g fat
- (11 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 8 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 108 mg chol. ,
- 480 mg sodium ,
- 22 g carb. ,
- 5 g fiber ,
- 4 g sugar ,
- 29 g pro.
darla.stokes 127 Days Ago
Quick, light, and tasty. Following the directions exactly resulted in crunchy-tender Brussels sprouts and just-right pork cutlets. A couple of hints: if you use unsalted butter, the sprouts may need a little salt; and remove the pan from the medium-high heat before putting in the sauce to keep it from boiling (and curdling).