Pork Chops, Apples, and Greens
- Place each chop between waxed paper or plastic wrap. With the flat side of a meat mallet or rolling pin, pound pork to 1/2-inch thickness.
- In a food processor process bread to crumbs; place in a shallow dish. In a second shallow dish lightly beat the egg with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Dip pork into egg and then bread crumbs to coat.
- In a 12-inch skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add pork to skillet and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side until golden on the outside and an instant-read thermometer inserted in pork registers 145 degrees F. Transfer chops to a platter; cover to keep warm.
- Stir honey, mustard, and vinegar into skillet drippings. Add apple slices; cook about 3 minutes until crisp-tender. Add spinach; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Toss until just wilted.
- Serve chops with apples and spinach. Drizzle with pan juices and sprinkle with pepper.
Nutrition Facts (Pork Chops, Apples, and Greens)
- Per serving:
- 432 kcal ,
- 13 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 7 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 126 mg chol. ,
- 678 mg sodium ,
- 41 g carb. ,
- 4 g fiber ,
- 28 g sugar ,
- 38 g pro.
Virginia Small 1571 Days Ago
Made this tonight. I'd make it again, but I would double the spinach and halve the apples. I also ended up nuking the apples and sauce to soften the apples. There's something off about the sauce to me, but I can't put my tongue on it. I would change something, but others would likely find it just fine!