Recipes and Cooking Pork and Pumpkin Noodle Bowl 3.7 (14) We've put a seasonal spin on this simple pasta toss with chunks of pumpkin, tender pork, fresh sage, and red onion. Tangy blue cheese adds creaminess. By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Published on November 1, 2009 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Total Time: 30 mins Servings: 4 Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients 8 ounce whole wheat linguini 1 small red onion, thinly sliced 1 pound pork loin, cut in 1/2-inch-thick slices 3 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce 12 fresh sage leaves 1 teaspoon minced garlic (2 cloves) or 1/2 tsp. garlic powder 1 cup canned or frozen pureed pumpkin or butternut squash ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles (optional) Directions Cook pasta according to package directions, adding onion during last 5 minutes of cooking time. Drain and keep warm. Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Brush pork with some soy sauce and generously sprinkle black pepper. Cook sage leaves in hot oil until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Add pork to skillet and cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden outside and slightly pink inside. Remove pork from skillet; cover to keep warm. In same skillet combine remaining soy sauce, garlic, 1/4 cup pumpkin, and 1 cup water. Bring to boiling and reduce sauce slightly. Add pasta and onions to skillet; heat through. Divide pasta among four bowls. In skillet, heat remaining pumpkin. Serve pork with pasta, pumpkin, sage leaves, and blue cheese. Makes 4 servings. Andy Lyons Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 414 Calories 9g Fat 51g Carbs 34g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe 4 Calories 414 % Daily Value * Total Fat 9g 12% Saturated Fat 2g 10% Cholesterol 71mg 24% Sodium 645mg 28% Total Carbohydrate 51g 19% Total Sugars 5g Protein 34g Vitamin C 9.4mg 47% Calcium 80.8mg 6% Iron 4.3mg 24% Potassium 718mg 15% Folate, total 52.4mcg Vitamin B-12 0.8mcg Vitamin B-6 0.9mg *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.