Oriental Pork and Noodles
- Trim fat from pork. Partially freeze meat, about 30 minutes. Thinly slice across the grain into bite-size strips and set aside.
- For sauce, stir together broth, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, and cornstarch in a small mixing bowl and set aside.
- Soak rice sticks for 15 minutes in enough warm water to cover. Drain well. Cut into 2- to 3-inch lengths, if desired. Set aside. (Or, break pasta into 2- to 3-inch lengths; cook according to package directions.)
- Combine pork strips, 2 tablespoons soy sauce or oyster sauce, lemongrass or lemon peel, sesame oil, and crushed red pepper in another mixing bowl. Cover and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Pour cooking oil into a wok or 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook for 15 seconds. Add green onion, pepper strips, and pea pods; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove vegetables from wok.
- Add more oil to wok, if necessary. Add meat mixture; cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until no pink remains. Push meat to sides of wok. Stir sauce; add to center of wok. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Add soaked rice sticks or cooked pasta and vegetables; stir to coat. Stir in orange slices. Serve immediately. Garnish with orange wedges and green onions, if desired. Makes 4 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Make it a meal with green salad, dinner rolls, and pound cake with fruit.
Nutrition Facts (Oriental Pork and Noodles)
- Per serving:
- 253 kcal ,
- 11 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat ,
- 39 mg chol. ,
- 784 mg sodium ,
- 21 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 17 g pro.