Honey-Glazed Pork Roast
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a small bowl combine paprika and coarse salt.
- Place pork in a shallow roasting pan, bone side down. Rub paprika mixture all over pork, pressing in lightly. Tuck sprigs of fresh oregano under the kitchen string tying the roast to the bone. Roast, uncovered, in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes per pound (1 hour 10 minutes to 2 hours).
- Meanwhile, place sweet pepper pieces on a baking sheet. Drizzle peppers with oil and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper; toss to coat. Spread peppers evenly on baking sheet. Place in oven with pork the last 40 to 45 minutes of roasting until peppers are tender and begin to brown. When roast reaches 155 degrees F internal temperature, remove to a cutting board and cover with foil. Let stand 10 minutes.
- While roast stands, in a small saucepan combine honey and lime juice. Bring to boiling, stirring occasionally. Boil gently, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove string from roast. Using tongs, turn roast on its side and pull bone away. Turn roast top-side up and slice. Serve with peppers, honey glaze, and fresh herbs. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Honey-Glazed Pork Roast)
- Per serving:
- 282 kcal ,
- 14 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 6 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 65 mg chol. ,
- 620 mg sodium ,
- 15 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 13 g sugar ,
- 23 g pro.
mbenze1 499 Days Ago
What about using a pork tenderloin for this recipe?
John Sigsbury 1708 Days Ago
This roast was delicious. I used a generous amount of coarse sea salt in addition to the smoked paprika and fresh ground black pepper. I cooked it like a beef prime rib: hot oven to start then low and slow for the rest - until the internal temp was 150. Let it rest, sliced it up and enjoyed the praise from the guests. Be sure to season all sides of the roast, including the underside of the ribs.