Grilled Pork Chops with Chile Rub and Chutney
- In a large skillet cook onion slices, cumin seeds, and sea salt in hot oil over medium heat for 12 to 15 minutes or until onion is tender and golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, trim fat from pork chops. Rub chopped chipotle pepper onto chops.** For a charcoal grill, grill chops on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 11 to 14 minutes or until pork is slightly pink in the center (160 degrees F), turning once halfway through grilling. (For a gas grill, preheat grill; reduce heat to medium. Place chops on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.)
- Add orange sections and orange juice to onion mixture. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve over grilled pork chops.
From the Test Kitchen
If using pork chops that have not been injected with a sodium solution, sprinkle chops with 1/4 teaspoon sea salt before grilling.
**Handling hot chile peppers:
Because hot chili peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with chiles as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the chile peppers, wash your hands and fingernails well with soap and water when you are done.
Nutrition Facts (Grilled Pork Chops with Chile Rub and Chutney)
- Per serving:
- 289 kcal ,
- 14 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 7 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 78 mg chol. ,
- 207 mg sodium ,
- 16 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 12 g sugar ,
- 25 g pro.