Glazed Easter Ham
- Place ham on rack in roasting pan. Insert an oven-going meat thermometer into center. Bake in 325 degrees F oven 2-14 to 2-34 hours or until thermometer registers 140 degrees F. Brush ham with desired Holiday Glaze during last 20 to 30 minutes. Serve with Mint and Lemon Sprinkle. Makes 10 to 12 (3-ounce servings) plus leftovers.
From the Test Kitchen
Test Kitchen Tip:
If your ham weighs more than 8 pounds, cover it loosely with foil during the first 1 hour of roasting. This will prevent it from drying out.
- In a saucepan combine stout or apple cider, honey, and butter. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Makes 3/4 cup glaze.
Mint and Lemon Sprinkle
- Combine mint, lemon peel, and garlic.
- In a bowl stir together lemon curd, mustard, and garlic. Makes 3/4 cup glaze.
- In a saucepan combine the undrained pineapple, peach preserves, cider vinegar, and ground ginger. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Makes 1-14 cups glaze.
- In a bowl stir together apricot preserves, cherry preserves, and lemon juice. Makes 1 cup glaze.
Nutrition Facts (Glazed Easter Ham)
- Per serving:
- 153 kcal ,
- 8 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 4 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 51 mg chol. ,
- 1146 mg sodium ,
- 6 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 2 g sugar ,
- 14 g pro.