Fire-Roasted Tomato and Italian Sausage Grinders
- Place sausage links in a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker. For sauce, stir in undrained diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, vinegar, garlic, basil, oregano, salt, crushed red pepper, and black pepper.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours.
- To serve, preheat broiler. Place the sausage links on roll bottoms, reserving sauce in cooker. Place a half-slice of cheese on top of each sausage link and a half-slice of cheese on the cut side of each roll top. Place roll bottoms with sausage on a baking sheet. Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- To serve, add roasted peppers and roll tops. Serve reserved sauce in individual serving bowls for dipping.
Nutrition Facts (Fire-Roasted Tomato and Italian Sausage Grinders)
- Per serving:
- 859 kcal ,
- 39 g fat
- (17 g sat. fat ,
- 5 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 18 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 96 mg chol. ,
- 2305 mg sodium ,
- 81 g carb. ,
- 6 g fiber ,
- 3 g sugar ,
- 37 g pro.
sirenlorelei 1102 Days Ago
easy, and tasty, this is a great meal but I think I'll use the sweet italian sausage over the spicy next time even though I'm generally a fan of spice. I used leftover sauce (after all the sausages were gone) to add as a spaghetti sauce to pasta so it wouldn't go to waste.