Chuck Wagon Baby Back Ribs
- Sprinkle Chuck Wagon Rub evenly over both sides of ribs; rub in with your fingers. If desired, cut ribs into 2- to 3-rib portions.
- For sauce, in a large bowl stir together wine, pineapple juice, honey, cider vinegar, soy sauce, mustard, bourbon, and hot pepper sauce; set aside.
- Place rib portions, bone sides down, in a large roasting pan.* Prepare grill for indirect grilling, except omit drip pan. Test for medium heat above center of grill. Place roasting pan on grill rack in center of grill (not over heat). Pour sauce over ribs. Cover the grill (do not cover pan with foil) and grill for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until ribs are tender, spooning sauce over ribs every 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove roasting pan from grill. Remove ribs from sauce. Discard sauce. If desired, rearrange coals for direct grilling. Place ribs on the grill rack directly over the coals for 10 minutes, turning once. If desired, serve with bottled barbecue sauce. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
To keep roasting pan from blackening, wrap the outside with heavy foil.
Chuck Wagon Rub
- In a small bowl combine ground black pepper; kosher salt or sea salt; chili powder; sugar; onion powder; garlic powder; dried oregano, crushed; and dried parsley.
Nutrition Facts (Chuck Wagon Baby Back Ribs)
- Per serving:
- 731 kcal ,
- 21 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat ,
- 135 mg chol. ,
- 3106 mg sodium ,
- 52 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 68 g pro.