Chilean-Style Hot Dog with Avocado-Chili Relish
- For Avocado-Chili Relish, in a bowl whisk together olive oil, cilantro, jalapenos, shallots, and lime juice. Gently fold in tomatoes and avocados. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Prepare frankfurters as desired.
- In a small bowl, mix the butter and garlic. Spread butter mixture on the sub rolls. Ina large frying pan or on a grill rack over medium heat, place the rolls buttered side down and toast until light golden.
- To serve, tuck frankfurters in toasted rolls and top with Avocado-Chili Relish. Serve immediately. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
When working with hot chile peppers, wear plastic gloves or wash hands well after cutting; the peppers contain oil that may burn skin and eyes.
Nutrition Facts (Chilean-Style Hot Dog with Avocado-Chili Relish)
- Per serving:
- 684 kcal ,
- 44 g fat
- (15 g sat. fat ,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 21 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 54 mg chol. ,
- 1229 mg sodium ,
- 59 g carb. ,
- 7 g fiber ,
- 4 g sugar ,
- 13 g pro.