Pork Tacos with Spicy Watermelon Salsa
- For salsa, in medium bowl combine watermelon, chopped pepper(s), and cilantro. Set aside
- For rub, in small bowl combine salt, sugar, garlic powder, and chile pepper or chili powder. Rub onto ribs to coat. Grill, covered, directly over medium heat for 10 to 12 minutes, until 145 degrees F (test with instant-read thermometer), turning once. Meanwhile, wrap tortillas in foil. Warm on grill during last 5 minutes of cooking time for ribs, turning once.
- Transfer ribs to cutting board; let rest 2 minutes. Slice meat. Serve with tortillas and watermelon salsa.
From the Test Kitchen
salt, sugar, garlic powder and ground chipotle chili or regular chili powder
Wear gloves when handling hot peppers because Because volatile oils can burn skin and eyes. Wash immediately if hands touch seeds or membranes.
use a different melon, barbecue seasoning blend and flour tortillas. Could also replace pork with chicken.
Nutrition Facts (Pork Tacos with Spicy Watermelon Salsa)
- Per serving:
- 449 kcal ,
- 19 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 4 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 105 mg chol. ,
- 420 mg sodium ,
- 38 g carb. ,
- 5 g fiber ,
- 5 g sugar ,
- 32 g pro.