Pork and Veggie Quesadillas
- Trim fat from pork; thinly slice pork. Sprinkle with pepper. Coat a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Add 2 teaspoons of the oil. Heat over medium-high heat. Add pork to skillet; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove pork from the skillet.
- In the same skillet cook the mushrooms, onion, and garlic about 3 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in spinach. Cook and stir 1 minute more or until spinach is wilted.
- Coat one side of the tortillas with cooking spray. Place four of the tortillas, coated side down, on a sheet of waxed paper. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon shredded cheese on each tortilla. Place pork slices on cheese. Spread vegetable mixture over pork, followed by another tablespoon of cheese on each. Top with remaining tortillas, coated sides up.
- Add one or two quesadillas to the skillet. Cook over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes per side or until tortillas are browned and cheese is melted. Remove from heat. Repeat with remaining quesadillas. Cut quesadillas into quarters.
From the Test Kitchen
These can also be made with 8 ounces of thinly sliced cooked leftover pork loin.
Bypass cleaning and slicing fresh mushrooms by starting with a package that's already sliced.
Nutrition Facts (Pork and Veggie Quesadillas)
- Per serving:
- 337 kcal ,
- 11 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 56 mg chol. ,
- 599 mg sodium ,
- 32 g carb. ,
- 22 g fiber ,
- 2 g sugar ,
- 28 g pro.