Polk-Dot Cheesecake Sandwich Bars
- Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Arrange a layer of graham crackers to cover the bottom, breaking the crackers as needed* (you may not use all of the crackers). Set aside.
- In a very large mixing bowl beat the cream cheese and sugar with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until smooth. Add the cream and lemon juice and beat until combined. Add the eggs, one at a time, and then add the flour and salt. Mix until smooth. Stir in the lemon peel.
- Transfer 1/2 cup batter to a small bowl. Stir in jam and food coloring. Cover. Freeze 1 hour. Spread remaining batter into prepared pan. Cover and chill until needed.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Stir jam mixture and spoon into a pastry bag fitted with a 1/4-inch round tip. For each dot, insert the tip into the batter in pan and squeeze gently. Repeat with remaining jam mixture, inserting tip into batter in a random pattern.
- Top the batter with the remaining graham crackers, breaking to fit.*
- Bake for 20 minutes. Turn oven off. Let stand in oven for 30 minutes more. Remove and cool on a wire rack. Cover and chill for 2 hours. Cut into bars, cutting along cracker perforations and wiping knife in between cuts.
From the Test Kitchen
Gesine recommends taking a picture of the bottom cracker arrangement so you can arrange them in the same way on top.
Nutrition Facts (Polk-Dot Cheesecake Sandwich Bars)
- Per serving:
- 157 kcal ,
- 11 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 53 mg chol. ,
- 111 mg sodium ,
- 13 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 9 g sugar ,
- 3 g pro.