- Place a resealable plastic bag in a shallow dish. Cut tenderloin crosswise into 12 equal slices. Using the palm of your hand, flatten each slice to about 1/2-inch thickness. Sprinkle Achiote Seasoning evenly over all sides of the pork slices. Place pork slices in the plastic bag. Pour grapefruit, orange, and lime juices over pork. Seal bag; turn to coat pork. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 4 hours.
- Drain pork, discarding marinade. Heat a greased grill pan over medium-high heat. Grill pork slices, half at a time, on hot grill pan for 4 to 6 minutes or just until pink in the center, turning once halfway through grilling time.
- Meanwhile, for yellow rice, in a medium saucepan bring the water to boiling. Add rice, salt, and turmeric. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Serve pork with the yellow rice, Chiltomate Sauce, and Cebollas Encurtidas.
From the Test Kitchen
Fresh or Fast:
Fresh: Make as directed. Fast: Use "fast" version of Chiltomate Sauce. Omit Cebollas Encurtidas and garnish with sliced radishes.
- In a small bowl combine all ingredients. Store in an airtight container.
- Preheat broiler. On a 15x10x1-inch baking pan, place red onion slices. Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until onions are charred and tender, turning once halfway through broiling time. When cool enough to handle, separate onions into rings, discarding any large dry blackened pieces.
- In a medium bowl combine onion, grapefruit juice, orange juice, lime juice, salt, oregano, garlic, and pepper. Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
- In a blender or food processor combine tomatoes, vinegar, chili sauce, and salt. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Transfer mixture to a medium saucepan. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 to 8 minutes or until sauce is desired consistency.
Nutrition Facts (Poc-Chuc)
- Per serving:
- 258 kcal ,
- 3 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 49 mg chol. ,
- 849 mg sodium ,
- 37 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 5 g sugar ,
- 20 g pro.