Poached Egg Breakfast Bowls
- Add 4 cups water to a large skillet; add vinegar. Bring to simmering. Break an egg into a custard cup and slip egg into simmering water. Repeat with remaining eggs, allowing each egg an equal amount of space. Simmer 3 to 5 minutes or until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard. Remove eggs with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- Empty skillet and wipe clean. In skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add kale; cook 30 seconds or until wilted, stirring frequently. Stir in beans, tomatoes, salt, and lemon-pepper seasoning; heat through.
- Divide bean mixture among bowls. Top with poached eggs and, if desired, green onions.
From the Test Kitchen
Serve breakfast bowls with salsa verde, queso fresco, plain low-fat yogurt, and/or snipped fresh cilantro.
Serve breakfast bowls with kimchi, sriracha sauce, soy sauce, and/or toasted sesame oil.
Serve breakfast bowls with plain low-fat yogurt, crumbled feta cheese, and/or snipped fresh oregano.
Serve breakfast bowls with chopped prosciutto, shredded Parmesan cheese, snipped fresh basil, and/or a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
Serve breakfast bowls with shredded cheddar cheese, light sour cream, and/or bottled hot pepper sauce.
Nutrition Facts (Poached Egg Breakfast Bowls)
- Per serving:
- 219 kcal ,
- 8 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 4 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 186 mg chol. ,
- 469 mg sodium ,
- 24 g carb. ,
- 8 g fiber ,
- 4 g sugar ,
- 16 g pro.